Welcome to Pete’s Rubbish Skip Hire Christchurch
Commonly asked questions.
If you have any more questions, contact us at 03 349 2058
What skip type do I need?
This all depends on the kind of rubbish you are going to put in the skip .
General Waste is typically anything involved with a general cleanup around the house and section not of a hazardous nature.
Use a Cleanfill / Hardfill skip
For the following:
Concrete, soil, sand, clay, rocks, rubble, bricks, sand, asphalt, ceramic tiles.
Use a Green Waste skip
If you have any of the following:
Grass, leaves, tree trimmings, small branches and other organic materials.no rubbish other than green waste allowed in green waste skip.
No other waste can be mixed in this bin, additional charges will apply if other waste is placed in this bin.
We accept Visa or MasterCard, all skips orders are paid for via our website at the time of ordering
This charge will appear on your credit card statement as payment to Pete’s skips and bins
What can’t go in my skip ?
Hazardous waste can not be placed in the skip . This includes , paints, solvents, liquids or any asbestos. To dispose of any of these materials you need to contact your local council.
How long can I keep the skip ?
We allow you to keep a skip bin for 5 days. this includes drop off day and pick up day. If you want a skip bin for longer, the price that petes skips quotes includes keeping the skip for the number of days specified.
What if I’m not finished with the skip?
You should advise us as early as possible. we can usually be flexible.
How much weight can I put in the skip?
A General Waste bin and Green Waste bin have weight limits of 150kg per cubic meter in size . we are charged tip fees based on weight. The limit of 150kg per cubic meter for general waste types is the average industry weight limit. If your bin exceeds this weight limit we will charge you additional tipping fees.
How high can I fill the skip bin?
Skips can not be filled any higher than the top of its sides and should be filled in such a manner as to prevent material falling from the skip. (we face large fines for unsafe or overweight skips.)
You will be able to order a skip from our site using a credit card. but for commercial customers best to contact us we can arrange a skips service that meets your needs.
We also offer accounts for commercial customers.
Terms and Conditions for Pete’s Skips and Bins
All prices are in New Zealand dollars.
Placing an order:
- Skips are ordered electronically through our website,when your order has been confirmed by Pete’s Skips you are obligated to purchase our services.
- Credit card payment is made at the time of order in New Zealand Dollars.
Use of our skips:
- When in your possession you cannot
– light fires in skip
– fill skip higher than sides of skip
– place hazardous materials in skip such as:
– liquid concrete
– move any skip without Pete’s Skips authority.
- You will be liable to Pete’s Skips for any damage to our skips which happens while in your possession,other than natural wear and tear.
- Pete’s Skips accepts no liability for any loss,damage to property or persons during delivery , customer possession and pick up of our skips.
- While every endeavour will be made to place skip in position as requested. In some circumstances this might not be possible , so we will place skip as close possible to the requested position.
- The average industry standard is 150kgs per cubic metre of skip (eg. 6 cubic metre skip weight allowance is 900kgs ) which is included in the bin price charged.As Pete’s Skips is charged tipping fees on weight anything over 150 kgs per cubic metre will incur an additional weight fee of $18.60 per 100kgs or part there of over weight allowance for bin type. If incured this additional fee will be emailed to customer with copy of weight docket after disposal of your waste.
- If you wish to cancel your order , Petes Skips requires 3days notice and a cancellation and admin fee of $60 inc GST.
- Reimbursment will be paid minus $60 cancellation fee to your credit card account within 3 working days of Petes Skips recieving and accepting cancellation.
- Pete’s Skips will provide a full refund if our circumstances do not allow us to deliver your skip within 2 days of your scheduled delivery date.
- Reimbursement will be paid to your credit card within 3 working days of notification by email from Pete’s Skips.
Pete’ Skips reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time by placing notification on website.